Your privacy is essential to us.
Who we are
We are VerifiableLetter Inc. (the “Company”). VerifiableLetter is a wholly owned solution by VerifiableLetter Inc.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We collect and use personal information solely to fulfill those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, it should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification.
- We make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to personal information management.
We are committed to conducting our business according to these principles to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the installed cookies on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include a unique anonymous identifier. For more information about cookies and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, unique device IDs, browser type, Internet service provider, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Personal Information we collect
The personal information that we receive about you depends on the context of your interactions with us, how you configure your account and the choices that you make, including your privacy settings. Personal information that we receive from you may also depend upon what services, functionalities, or experiences you use, your location, and applicable law.
- Creating an account. We collect information when you (or your organization) create an account, interact with the VerifiableLetter Platform, or activate a subscription. Personal information may include your name, address, phone number and email, country, profile photo, billing information (your payment information), usernames and credentials.
- Identification information. We collect information to verify your identity, including your name, social security number, social insurance number, driver’s license numbers, government-issued identification details, business registration details, etc.
- Customer support, product research, training, and feedback. We may collect personal information such as your name, email address, telephone number and any other personal information you choose to share when you reach out to us for support, give us feedback, participate in optional surveys, subscribe to marketing, attend our events, participate in product research, or training, or otherwise interact or communicate with us.
- Social and community content. We publish content you post publicly through our Platform.
- Usage information. We may collect information about your usage of the Platform, such as the referring/exit pages, page view information, search results, links, the services and features you used or interacted with, details about any links or communications with which you interacted, and date/time stamps.
- Email information: If you are a customer contact, whether email presented or sent to you using our offerings has been viewed, delivered, opened, clicked on, whether it has bounced or was treated as spam, etc.
- Business and financial information. We may receive information about you and your business, your payment details like credit card number, expiry, CVV, address, and other relevant information needed to process the payment.
- Location information. Certain features in the VerifiableLetter Platform may collect your precise location information, device motion information, or both, if you grant permission to do so in your device settings.
- Expert advice. The VerifiableLetter Platform provides support for you to use or learn about our service. When you interact with these experts, we may receive information about the questions you ask, the details of your accounts and the guidance provided to you.
- Camera and contacts. Certain features may have access to your camera and contacts if you grant permission in your device settings.
- Information stored locally. Some of our web-enabled desktop services and offerings synchronize with the information on your computer. In doing so, we may collect information such as device information, product usage, and error reports. We may also store personal information locally on your device.
Additionally, when you use VerifiableLetter’s services, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, PayPal transaction information, etc.), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
“Cookies” are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive.
– Record the customer’s session information (such as the customer’s shopping selections when ordering)
– Record user-specific information on the pages the customer selects for viewing
– Retain the customers answer to our question regarding residency
If you do not wish to accept cookies, you can modify your browser preferences to reject them. However, if you choose to reject all cookies, you may be unable to use parts of the Site
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we generally collect to fulfill any Service Orders placed through the email, phone, or this Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
– Communicate with you;
– Screen our Service Orders for potential risk or fraud; and
– When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
– We may use the Order Information to recommend or offer you promotions.
We collect and process personal information about you where:
- We have your consent to do so.
- We have a contract with you, and it is necessary to process your personal information to perform our contract with you, including to provide you with the benefits of the VerifiableLetter Platform and operate our business.
- The processing is in our legitimate business interests (in those jurisdictions where legitimate business interest is a legitimate basis for processing) such as operating our businesses, improving, and developing the VerifiableLetter Platform, communicating with you, marketing our offerings and services and personalizing your experience, and to detect illegal activities; or
- We need to comply with legal requirements, including applicable laws and regulations.
Personal information is used for the following purposes including to:
- Provide you with the VerifiableLetter Platform, create your account and manage our relationship with you.
- Improve and develop our products and services by analyzing how they are used and interacted with, as well as by assessing the use of and interactions with our Platform and certain content our customers send or display through the Platform, including by conducting data analytics to develop insights about you, your needs, and preferences so we can make more informed predictions, recommendations, and products for our customers
- Run and manage our business, including resolving billing and financial disputes
- Evaluate your eligibility for financial or other marketing offers, products, and services
- Provide features to you, such as your free trial period, promotions, coupons
- Connect you with experts and other users
- Communicate with you, such as sending you electronic notifications concerning your financial privacy
- Protect against misuse or abuse of our services and ensure compliance with our terms, including in relation to content our customers send or display through the Platform
- Market our services, products, and experiences, including to deliver gifts and promotional materials, product recommendations and other non-transactional communications via email, post, telephone, SMS or push notifications, in accordance with your marketing preferences
- Personalize your experience and tailor recommendations, advertising and offers presented to you, including through the development of insights about you, and your needs based on your interactions with the products, services, and offerings of our platform
- Combine and anonymize information about your interactions with VerifiableLetter to create aggregate, anonymized statistics for use in research and for marketing, promoting, improving, and developing our platform
- Provide you with support and resolve disputes
- Conduct research, including by partnering with academic institutions
- Comply with our legal and regulatory requirements
- Authenticate your identity, including through the use of Biometric Data
- Manage event registrations and attendance, including sending related communications to you
- Register visitors to our offices for security reasons and manage non-disclosure agreements that visitors may be required to sign
- Protect the rights, property, safety or security of the VerifiableLetter Platform, our customers, employees, or others and prevent fraudulent or illegal activity
- Exercise our rights in the course of judicial, administrative, or arbitration proceedings
- Enforce, remedy, or apply our Terms of Service or other agreements and/or
- Process your information for other purposes that are compatible with the disclosed purposes if and where this is permitted by applicable law.
To provide you with valuable personalized advice, recommendations, and experiences, we may process your personal information using automated and manual (human) methods. Our automated methods include artificial intelligence (AI) and a range of technologies that help our services learn and reason to improve our ability to personalize and enhance your experience in the VerifiableLetter Platform.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your information in the following circumstances:
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use WordPress to power our Frontend online system–you can read more about them at wordpress.org. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site — you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
When you connect with an VerifiableLetter Platform partner. You may be provided with offers, products, and services from third-party companies who integrate with our VerifiableLetter Platform (“Platform Partner”). If you choose to interact with a Platform Partner, apply for their services or offerings or otherwise link or sync your account to a Platform Partner’s product or service, you consent and direct VerifiableLetter to share your information, including personal information, to the Platform Partner providing the service or offering. For example, when we send your personal information to partners in order to generate offers for you to review, when we send your application information directly to our partners, or when we send you to the partner’s site for you to provide the information directly to them.
In some cases, if you click through to go to a Platform Partner’s site, you will automatically be sending your personal information to that Platform Partner. When this happens, you will still have to submit your application on the Platform Partner’s site. Remember that any information you provide to a Platform Partner, whether through us or on your own, will be subject to their privacy practices and terms and conditions.
When you connect to your social media account. Some of our features enable you to connect to a social media account or share information on social media platforms, like Facebook and Twitter. Any information you choose to share on social media may potentially be visible to a global audience and will be subject to the social media provider’s privacy policies (not this Privacy Statement). You should take care only to share information on social media that you are comfortable sharing.
For research. With appropriate controls, we may share information with third parties, such as academic institutions, government, and non-profit organizations, for research purposes or to publish academic or policy-related materials. We only share information in a way that would not allow any individual to be identified.
For joint features, sales, promotions, and events. We may share your information with third-parties’ companies who are jointly providing features, sales initiatives, promotions, or events with us.
With financial services providers. In connection with our payment processing services, we may share personal information with collection agencies, credit bureaus and loan services providers, and payment card association members. We may also share your personal information with other companies, lawyers, credit bureaus, agents, government agencies, and card associations in connection with issues related to fraud, credit, defaults, or debt collection.
When you publicly post the information. We may provide opportunities for you to publicly post reviews, questions, comments, suggestions or other content, which may include personal information, such as your name or username. Anything you share in a public forum is public, and you should think carefully before you decide to share.
With service providers or agents. We share personal information with our service providers or agents who provide services on our behalf for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement. Service providers or agents are required to implement reasonable privacy and information protection controls to maintain the privacy and security of information provided to them consistent with the privacy practices outlined in this Statement. Service providers or agents may include companies that assist us with our advertising, marketing, and sales efforts, help us with our technology offerings (such as a hosting, security or anti-fraud providers) and help us run our business.
For mergers and acquisitions. If we are involved with a merger, asset sale, financing, liquidation, bankruptcy, or the acquisition of all or part of our business to another company, we may share your information with that company and its advisors before and after the transaction date.
No sale of personal information to third parties. We do not and will not sell personal information to third parties. We do share personal information with third parties for the business purposes described in this Statement.
With our affiliates and subsidiaries and your right to limit information sharing. We may share your information with our affiliates and subsidiaries for everyday business purposes as described in this Statement, including for marketing purposes, for improving and developing our offerings and for personalizing your experience on our Platform. Certain laws may provide you with the right to limit our information sharing activities in certain circumstances. Please review these rights in the “Country and Region-Specific Terms” section below.
Cookies and other tracking technologies. You can find information on changing your browser settings to opt-out of cookies in your browser settings. In certain countries, you may also be able to make changes to your cookies settings by using our cookie preferences tool. If you disable some or all of the cookies, the service, or parts of the service may not work.
For advertising and analytics. VerifiableLetter may use advertising networks and other providers to display advertising on our VerifiableLetter Platform or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our advertising partners may place cookies on unaffiliated websites in order to serve advertisements that may be relevant to you based on your browsing activities and interests and determine the effectiveness of such advertisements. See also the “Country and Region-Specific Terms” section below for additional pages.
For legal reasons. We may share your information with third parties for legal reasons without your consent, and as permitted by law, including:
- When we reasonably believe disclosure is required in order to comply with a subpoena, court order, or other applicable law, regulation or legal process
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of the VerifiableLetter Platform, our customers, or others
- To protect or defend against attacks
- To enforce, remedy, or apply our Terms of Service or other agreements
- To prevent fraud, cybersecurity attacks or illegal activity
- For debt collection
- With regulatory agencies, including government tax agencies, as necessary to help detect and combat fraud and/or protect our customers, users and/or the VerifiableLetter Platform, or in required institutional risk control programs.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
When a customer gives us their email address or sends us email correspondence, we retain their email address. We do not share our email lists with anyone other than for our own marketing email purposes. Your email address is used to communicate with you regarding your orders and other matters regarding transactions between us or your customer relationship with us. In addition, we may also use your email address to share information about our products, services, and events that may interest you. When you first supply your details to us, you may be given the opportunity to opt-in to receive an email from VerifiableLetter. In each informational email, you are allowed to decline to receive similar emails in the future. If you have already chosen to receive email and wish to opt-out, please click on the email footer’s unsubscribe link.
We retain information provided by our customers, such as registration information, transaction information (e.g., dates on which customers requested services, amounts, and types of service), and contact information (e.g., name, address, phone number). Contact us to access this information.
Our customers also can correct inaccuracies in contact information and unique identifiers.
Upon verification, we will give the customer a reminder with unique identifier information (e.g., customer number or password).
We use your mailing address only for sending the Service Order. We do not share this information with anyone outside our website. And promise to protect it with our best efforts.
Customers who give us their telephone numbers online may receive telephone contact from our representatives regarding orders or requests they have placed online, via phone, or email.
VerifiableLetter does not have arrangements with any Ad server companies for this website. And does not display Ads about anything other than the site products.
We use industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving customer data exchanged with our site server. All other data transfer is conducted through a secure email or phone line.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
At VerifiableLetter, we believe that you have rights to information that pertains to you, your household and/or your business. If another person has input or processed information in the VerifiableLetter Platform about you or on behalf of you, your family, or your business (and we are processing such information as data controller), you may ask to receive a copy of your information, even if you do not have an account with us.
Depending on where you live, you may have certain state- or nation-specific rights with respect to your personal information that we collect and process.
For specific information on what steps, you can take to manage your privacy, please see the “Country and Region-Specific Terms” section for your country, below.
To help protect privacy and the security of your information, you may be asked to provide additional information to verify your identity and/or ownership rights prior to us exercising your data rights. If we are unable to verify your identity or ownership rights to the data, we may not be able to provide you with data rights until you are able to provide us with proper documents.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
You agree and VerifiableLetter reserves the right to store and process your personal information in the United States and in any other country where VerifiableLetter or its affiliates, subsidiaries, or service providers operate facilities in accordance with and as permitted by applicable laws and regulations. Some of these countries may have data protection laws that are different from the laws of your country (and, in some cases, may not be as protective).
When we transfer, store, or process personal information outside of your jurisdiction, we take appropriate safeguards to require that your personal information remain protected in accordance with this Privacy Statement and applicable law. We may use contracts, or the Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission or, as may be applicable, the equivalent clauses approved by the Canada Government, to help ensure your information is protected. For more information on the transfer safeguards we rely on and where they have been made available please contact us by using the details in the “How to contact us” section below.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use physical, technical, and organizational safeguards designed to protect your information. However, despite these controls, we cannot completely ensure or warrant the security of your information.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access the personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident, we note that we are processing your information to fulfill contracts we might have with you, or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
Unless you specifically ask us to delete your personal information, we retain your personal information as long as it is necessary to comply with our data retention requirements and provide you with services and the benefits of the VerifiableLetter Platform and successfully run our business. However, even if you request a deletion, we may be required to maintain your information for as long as necessary to:
- comply with our legal or regulatory compliance needs (e.g., maintaining records of transactions you have made with us).
- to exercise, establish or defend legal claims; and/or
- to protect against fraudulent or abusive activity on our service.
This means we may keep different information for different periods. If your account is canceled because you’ve not used it in a long time, we may delete this information straight away.
There may be occasions where we are unable to fully delete, anonymize, or de-identify your information due to technical, legal, regulatory compliance or other operational reasons. Where this is the case, we will take reasonable measures to securely isolate your personal information from any further processing until such time as we are able to delete, anonymize, or de-identify it.
From time to time, we may change or update our Privacy Statement. We reserve the right to make changes or updates at any time. Periodically, we make material changes to the way we process your personal information. We will notify you by posting a notice in our platform or on a community post; by sending you a notification; or by other means consistent with applicable law.
You can see when this Privacy Statement was last updated by checking the “last updated” date displayed at the top of this Privacy Statement. Please review this Privacy Statement periodically to stay informed about how VerifiableLetter protects your privacy.
Our services are not intended for or directed to children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you believe we may have information from a child, please contact us.
For more information about our privacy practices, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by email or by mail using the details provided below:
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
102-429 14 St NW, Calgary, AB T2N 2A3, Canada